Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce - Sarasota FLThe Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, business-focused organization which offers a wide variety of benefits and services geared toward promoting local businesses and strengthening the economic climate of the local community. The Chamber is a 450+ member organization with a staff of three full-time employees, one part-time employee and 20+ volunteers and hosts many events designed to promote business interaction and growth.
The Executive Director will have overall responsibility for ensuring that the organization is successful in achieving its mission through strategic planning, fundraising, managing staff and volunteers, outreach to the public, coordinating programs, meeting financial goals and guiding the organization through stages of growth and innovation. He/she will be responsible to the Board of Directors for a range of activities in accordance with the policies, procedures and By-laws of the Chamber. Additionally, he/she must be professional and personable while providing the “face and voice” of the Chamber.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
• Provide leadership in developing and implementing strategic initiatives in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
• Oversee the allocation of resources such as funding, staff, and volunteers.
• Identify process improvements to maximize organizational efficiencies.
• Manage daily operations and ensure programs are successful, by maintaining high standards of quality for client intake, volunteer recruitment, and responding to staff needs.
• Maintain the positive and mission-driven culture that exists within the organization’s community by strengthening relationships with volunteers, staff, members and sponsors.
• Recruit, train, motivate, and evaluate all paid staff and volunteers.
• Maintain official records and documents.
• Ensure compliance with government regulations.
• Develop fundraising plan in conjunction with the board.
• Expand, coordinate, and promote our fundraising events.
• Cultivate donors by strengthening existing partnerships and developing new donor relationships.
• Promote our mission, vision and values in our service area.
• Create new opportunities to expand organizational awareness by participating in community events and networking organizations
• Publicize the activities of the organization via email, mailings, public ad campaigns, social media, internal newsletters and our website.
• Work with the Board of Directors to prepare an annual budget.
• Maintain sound financial practices and manage the expenditure of funding according to the budget.
• Minimum of 3 years management experience
• Knowledge of tourism and visitor Marketing
• Chamber of Commerce awareness
• Passion for our mission and ability to communicate it in a compelling manner.
• Past success working at a nonprofit with a board of directors.
• Ability to prioritize a variety of ongoing activities.
• Experience managing program budgets and monitoring expenditures.
• Comfortable with public speaking to a wide range of stakeholders.
• Prior fundraising experience
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Possess working knowledge of database technology, Microsoft Office Suite, and Quickbooks.
Hours: Full time (will include some evenings and weekends)
Salary: Salary based on experience plus bonuses and benefits.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2015
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: Employment@SKCCinfo.com
No phone inquiries.